Friday, October 10, 2014

Prototype Boards have shipped!

Got a twitter notification last night that my prototype boards have shipped! I should see them in the next week or so. Time to order parts for them!

Not entirely sure about my time-line, but I hope to launch a Kickstarter campaign somewhere in the next few weeks. Unfortunately it will not be ready in time for Christmas. Had I started a few weeks earlier, it might have worked. Sorry.

Anyway, I got a suggestion that multiple colors of LEDs might be a good idea (as opposed to all red like my first prototype). It won't affect the cost too adversely (I can still make my desired selling point). Multiple colors of LEDs got me thinking about possibilities for my lesson plan too.

Speaking of the lesson plan, I also looked into the cost of publishing of said plan in a booklet format, and that looks possible. Potentially be a value added stretch goal or even part of the main project.

That's all for this update.  I will have some time to work on lessons plans this weekend, so the next couple of posts will probably be about those.

Don't forget to share this post with anyone who may be interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment