Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Don't Blink!

Have the first lesson for Arduino use in rough draft format. It consists of some basic syntax of programming in the Arduino IDE and outputs with the program "Blink" (It is the 'hello world' of the controller universe). Lesson two is firmly in my head dealing with inputs and conditional statements with the program "Light on, light off" (push a button to turn the LED on, push a second to turn it off).

After that I intend to go into variables and such, but after that I'm still working on.

I intend to get a beginner's introduction with several experiments using my board with the Arduino, then start on a version for the Raspberry Pi. Beyond that I may do a version for the BeagleBone Black, but that is probably the end of my porting to other controllers (Not that I would be against others porting it to their board of choice).

I won't be posting every day, but I will try to keep people updated on my progress 2-3 times a week, and post polished versions of my lessons as I go.

Spread the word and leave comments about what you think on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment