Thursday, April 02, 2015

The new website


I think it looks nice.

Of course, I'm biased. A, it's my website and B, I designed it. No it isn't finished, but it has a great start and is functional for now. In fact I expect to do very little with it over the next few weeks as I need to focus my energy on other things right now.

First, I need to find and nail down a source for my circuit board assemblies. Then I can nail down my costs and get pricing figures out for my intended crowdsource fundraising.

Second I need to finish my first trainer book. Not much is left for actual writing but there is that editing and formatting business to do. Not to mention illustrations that will be needed. I have found a self-publisher source that should be able to supply at a cost that will allow me to sell the book at a reasonable price and still make some money on the side.

I'm still looking into a booth at the Kansas City Maker Faire this June. At this point, it may coincide with the crowdsourcing campaign, which could provide a major boost. My only problem with doing that would be not as much time to spend visiting all the other booths.

Just in case anyone is wondering why I am taking so long to get this off the ground - I haven't mentioned this before and probably won't bring it up again. But I will just say that I am still working 40-50 hours a week at my day job, have a family with two kids, and play guitar with a band. My wife has been very patient and gracious in letting my 'honey-do' list slide a lot over the last few months (thank you, dear).

 So here is the rundown on where you can follow this project:

Website: www.landonenterprises.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MicroTrainer
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/landonenterpris/
Google+: plus.google.com/+Landonenterprises
Twitter: twitter.com/MichaelELandon

Make sure to share with others who would be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment